The end of a relationship is undoubtedly painful. Whether you have mutually separated, been dumped, lied to, cheated on, taken for granted or disrespected. We’ve all been there! As much as you feel like you’re alone, trust me, you’re not and you will get through it.
It’s not uncommon after a break up that you will start questioning everything, mostly yourself. Was I not good enough? Where did it go wrong? Why didn’t he try to save our relationship? He didn’t want me, why? Was my body not good enough? Maybe he preferred big boobs? Should i get a boob job? What else could i have given him to make him stay? Why didn’t he stop me from walking out? Doesn’t he love me anymore? Why didn’t he chase me? I thought sex was good, did I not give him enough?
STOP. RIGHT. THERE! Please.
It’s completely normal for your mind to go into overdrive after a break up. You are confused and mourning a loss. It’s part of the process unfortunately. You will feel out of control and unstable. However you are in control of how long you allow yourself to ask those questions. To be brutally honest doll, you will never hear the answers to those questions and if you do, it won’t be the ones you want to hear. So it’s time to let go of them so you can heal and think happy thoughts again. Let them go, find your inner #girlboss and own your thoughts. You are going to be fine babe.
These thoughts are emotionally draining. Focus on the present vs. the past, because the longer you spend on going over what happened the longer you stop yourself from finding happiness and potentially the right man.
Please believe that you can get over this person, because you will. It takes time to heal and it will hurt for a while. But eventually you’ll see the break up happened for the right reasons and you’ll realise why it wasn’t meant to be. You can’t see it when you’re in the relationship or just out of it, but trust me and all the other women in this world when i say you will feel happy again.
It’s time to enjoy ‘you time’ again. Make sure you enjoy this phase in your life, because you will have to share it with someone again. Yes you read that right. Your ex wasn’t the right one for you. There will be another guy and he will be the right one for you!
Here’s 12 reasons why you ARE girlfriend material.
- You have a sense of humour. Smiling/laughing is not only cute, but men find it sexy. Don’t be afraid to crack a joke or laugh at his. The next guy will want to see your gorgeous smile.
- You are confident. Find your inner girl boss, she is in there somewhere. Men find it hot when women are confident. Do not let a man see your vulnerable side from the beginning, only allow him to see that side when you are in a relationship & ready.
- You are strong. Yes you are! You are stronger than you thought. Let that strength guide you.
- Independent. Listen to the Pussycat Dolls song ‘I don’t need a man’, this will give you the Queen B kick up the backside you need and motivate you to be miss independent. Only then, will the guys come flocking.
- You respect yourself. Respect is one of the most important qualities to have. If you don’t have respect for yourself, who else will? Guys can see this, so make sure it’s apparent when you’re dating.
- You are not clingy! It’s not attractive and you really don’t need to cling on to anyone, remember you’re miss independent now until you meet the right guy. But please don’t cling to him either! Find the balance.
- You are flipping gorgeous. Remember that! You are unique in your own way and someone will love you for who you are!
- You are kind and thoughtful. Just don’t be a doormat. Know your boundaries!
- A fruitcake sometimes. Release your inner weirdness sometimes. It’s good to show you don’t take yourself too seriously.
- You’re not afraid to break boundaries. He wants to break the rules too, have fun and enjoy yourself!
- You like to have fun. He will find this sooooo attractive.
- You are in control of your own life. A guy likes a woman who knows what she wants in life. Who looks like she is in control of her life. Own it girl!